Crna gora friendship and love dating sites
The Ottomans ceded Antivari to Montenegro at the Treaty of Berlin.Montenegro renamed the town Bar, although virtually everyone else, including their powerful neighbours, Italy and Austria-Hungary, continued to name it Antivari.To the east is the largest lake in the Balkans, Lake Skadar. Bar has a wind blowing from the south about 88 days a year, mostly during the winter.The southern wind is very soft and warm but raises the waves in the sea.In 1979, there was an earthquake that devastated Bar. Bar is located on the coastal western border of Montenegro on the shore of the Adriatic Sea.It is approximately 53 kilometres (33 mi) from Podgorica, the capital of Montenegro.It was a town with its own coat of arms, flag, statute and mint.In 1571, the Ottomans captured Antivari and held the town until 1878. One of the archbishops during this period was Andrija Zmajević.
Bar was largely destroyed in World War II and rebuilt into a modern city.
Guglielmo Marconi, the Italian scientist and pioneer in wireless telegraphy, using Nikola Tesla's patented technology, made a radio connection between Antivari and Bari on 30 August 1904.
In 1908, the first railroad in this part of the Balkans was put into operation there.
) is a coastal town and seaport in southern Montenegro.
It is the capital of the Bar Municipality and a center for tourism.
The destruction of the wharves prevented larger ships from unloading supplies at the port restricting Allied shipments of food and munitions to the Montenegrin army.